Wednesday, March 26, 2008

California

Dear California,
Thank you for being so wonderful to Deuce and I this past weekend. It was a short visit, but I just can't shake you quite yet. I'm still high on your mid 60 degree weather, lilac bushes, and sunshine. The only regret I have is the fact that I can't keep your UV ray kisses from peeling off my nose.

I've been told that you were exceptionally kind to us this weekend, and that your true March behaviors are not as cheery or warm as we witnessed. I think that maybe you've just never been so damn needed or loved before by two East coast snow birds, and this was your way of thanking us as we pumped money into your pockets. I know you have faults; high real estate and gas prices, and fewer walkers, more drivers; but we have friends that rent in your cities and have cars, so you are forgiven. We do love you dearly.

Now, I'm back at work; procrastinating, and wishing that the wind was about 30 degrees warmer, rather than the 30 degrees it is, as it blows garbage under the feet of people who are holding on to their scarves and hats, desperately trying to stay warm. I can understand why 20% of the US population lives within your borders, dear Cali. I do have to say that I'm pretty much sold on your clean streets, weather, and waterfront views, but wish you were in closer proximity to our lives on the East coat. It's ok though. You are only a short 6 hour flight away, given that Chicago doesn't come between us, interfering with violent winds or freak snow storms, and postponing our reunion. Stupid bitch.

So, until next time, my friend, I will think of your blue skies, fresh air, and in-and-out burgers. Thanks, again. Love, Ans.

No comments: